WHAT IS THE BEST HEADSET FOR HOME-BASED JOB



1. WHAT WILL YOU BE USING THE HEADSET FOR? Obviously for work—but will you be attaching it to your landline phone or your laptop or PC? The headsets for the laptop or PC are going to have a USB port plug, whereas the headsets for the landline phone are going to have a phone port plug. The two cannot be interchanged.

2.NOISE-CANCELLING MICROPHONE is a microphone that is designed to filter ambient noise from the desired sound, which is especially useful in noisy environments. Your client would probably get annoyed if he hears a sound of a car passing by in the background.

Headsets used by call center agents, stock exchange traders, helicopter pilots and race car drivers have noise-cancelling microphones.

3. HOW MUCH HEADSET CAN YOU AFFORD? Price is certainly something to consider, although most headsets are not that expensive unless you really want a high-end one. There's this specific model of one brand that I know that costs $300.00

4. COMFORT. Your home-based job might require you to talk over the phone for long hours. Those bulky and heavy headsets that you see being used by DJ's, gamers and helicopter pilots aren't the ones that you should look for.


So, What Really is the Best Headset to Use for Home-based Job?

Let me share with you my personal preference. 

Both call centers that I worked at use PLANTRONICS. And most call center agents from other companies that I have spoken with also agree that Plantronics is probably one of the best to use. So I didn't have a hard time of choosing which brand to buy. But I took time in choosing the right model.

The features that I was looking for are:
-should be Skype Certified
-noise-cancelling mic
-headband type
-binaural
-in-line controls (answer/end, mute, volume)
-lightweight
-comfortable earpads
-rich HD sound
-USB connection
-Digital Signal Processing (eliminates static and kills echo)

I found all these features in PLANTRONICS .AUDIO 628. (yes, that's [dot]AUDIO 628.)

If you are looking for the one that is worn at the back of your head, PLANTRONICS .AUDIO 648 would be perfect for you. Same features as the PLANTRONICS .AUDIO 628 but with discreet design.


I know that there are lots of brands and models to choose from. What I featured here is just my personal recommendation because I'm really satisfied with the performance of this headset. This is the one that I found the best, both pricewise and featurewise.

ACTUAL PHOTOS



(Left)Adjustable headband.



(Right) Inline control. Answer and end Skype calls right on the headset. Plus the volume adjustment and mute button.






USB connector.
Easy to use with any PC or Mac.






     






Adjustable Boom. Moveable and flexible boom with a noise-cancelling mic.

Soft Earpads. Comfortable on ears even for long periods without losing its HD sound quality.








Again, this is just my personal preference and recommendation. I also heard that Logitech is another brand that you can rely on. I will make a separate review for that in my future blogs. I hope that you find the abovementioned pointers in choosing the ideal headset helpful.


If there's any other brand that you can recommend, whether comparable or even better than this, feel free to leave it in the comment
section below. I'd love to hear from you.


2 comments: